I have now produced a new course "An introduction to Relief Teaching for Graduate Teachers". This course is designed to give beginning/graduate Relief Teachers a professional awareness of CRT work and support the transition from student into working teacher. It may not benefit the majority of your members (though they are more than welcome to attend) as it is intended to give an initial set of answers to many commonly asked questions by Graduates.
Unlike most of the other online courses available through ClassCover's Relief Teacher Association, this one is completely free and does not require ClassCover or RTA membership to access. There is, however, minimal advertising for other ClassCover/RTA online courses (in optional content sections and a few video titles).
Venue: Online Delivery via the OpenLearning website.
Date: "Always on". There are no sessions or "classes", participants can join and complete the course at their own pace.
Duration: Approx 3 - 3.5 hours for the average graduate student.
It includes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes of content delivery spread across 14 videos with the rest of the time allotted to the completion of activities.
- Module 1: Intro to Relief Teaching
- Module 2: A professional Awareness of Relief Teaching
- Module 3: Preparing for Relief Teaching.
- Module 4: Creating a Relief Teacher CV.
- Module 5: Getting your foot in the door.
- Module 6: Living Life as a Relief Teacher.
- Module 7: Working towards Callbacks.
- The Final Word: closing out the course